"You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love." Galatians 5:13
We are called to minister to our community, and through our Elder's leadership we continually look for ways to support and show love to our neighbors in our surrounding communities. Our church family serves the community in a variety of ways, such as collecting donations for our annual clothing drive, on-going food panty drives, and collecting donations for the local animal shelter just to name a few.
Additionally our partnership with Community Link allows us to make a year-round impact in our own backyard. Community Link strives to alleviate hunger by providing food and other resources to those in need, covering over 370 square miles in Northwest Tarrant County. We have our yearly "Souper Bowl" canned food drive coinciding with the end of the football season in February. We also have several food and supply drives throughout the year and encourage our our members to volunteer their time. If you'd like to get involved or donate to Community Link, click the link in this description.
Mission: Penasco, New Mexico
The youth at Saginaw church of Christ have been running a mission trip to the Penasco Valley in Northern New Mexico since the summer of 2007. Our goal has always been to reach out to the children as well as the adults of the valley by putting on a 4 day Vacation Bible School at the local Penasco Valley church of Christ located in one of the small villages in the valley. Over the years the mission trip has been a great success and we continue to see growth during our trip and after as well. Our trip is always the first thing we do each summer in June and is a long standing successful mission that we continue to believe in. If you have any questions about this trip or if you are interested, please see our youth minster!
Ramkhamhaeng Campus Ministry
P.O. Box 24 1063 Ramkhamhaeng Post Office
Bangkok 10241 Thailand
He can also be found on Facebook.
Patinya ministers to university students as he serves as the director of the university Christian center, where he has worked since 1988. The center is called Tai for the Savior. He also works at training leaders for churches in rural provinces of Thailand. He travels to the rural provinces several times a year to support and encourage Christians around Thailand.
P.O. Box 79102
Waitakere 0656 New Zealand
John has been a minister for the Morningside church of Christ in Aukland, New Zealand since 1996. He is active in evangelizing to the lost in New Zealand. He helps in training people to work in evangelism throughout the South Pacific. He can be found on Facebook.
- Missions Resource Network - Helping churches plant churches worldwide.
- Missiology - Dr. Gailyn Van Rheene's missions education site.
- Sunset International Bible Institute - A training institute for ministers and missionaries based in Lubbock, Texas.
- Mission Alive - A DFW-based church planting organization affiliated with Churches of Christ, directed by Dr. Gailyn Van Rheenen.
- Kairos Church Planting Support - A Pacific Northwest-based church planting organization affiliated with Churches of Christ, directed by Dr. Stan Granberg.
- World Bible School - Reaching the world through Bible correspondence courses.
- Let's Start Talking - A world-wide evangelistic program using ESL courses to teach the Bible.
- World Bible Translation Center - "We exist to translate and distribute faithful, easy-to-understand translations of the Scriptures in the world's major languages to lead people to Jesus and help believers grow in faith."
- World Christian Broadcasters - Broadcasting the goodnews in multiple languages over radio waves.